For Authors and Publishers
Listing your Book(s) or Products on our Website:
We routinely review books and other products for inclusion on our website. We focus on diverse and multicultural products, especially those that celebrate South Asian culture.
If you have a product or book that you think will fit well on our website, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review copies are always helpful for us to make a faster decision. You can send review copies to the following address:
P. O. Box 268,
Menlo Park, CA 94026
Guest Posts or Book lists for our Blog:
We welcome collaborations with authors on guest posts or curated booklists. For previous guest posts, see here. Email us at email@example.com to discuss ideas and timing.
Call for Submissions:
As you may know, we're committed to bringing more diverse voices to the fore, and have therefore, ventured into independent publishing with two titles in 2018: Room In Your Heart and The Boy Who Asked Why.
We'd love to hear from you, if you have something that you think we might be interested to publish! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Having read and reviewed over 1,000 titles in South Asian children's literature, Gauri and Sadaf, the founders of KitaabWorld have significant expertise in this field. As sensitivity readers, we can help facilitate authentic representations of South Asians in the mainstream.
If you have a project where you're looking for review and feedback on accurate and authentic representation of South Asian culture, feel free to email us at email@example.com, and we'll connect you with the right person to assist on your project.
Areas of Expertise:
- Representations of South Asia and South Asian characters in the diaspora.
- Stories and plot points related to South Asian history, politics, culture, social issues and settings.
- Authenticating religious practices, traditions, festivals and mythology from Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Sikhism and Buddhism.
- Islamophobia, casteist politics and racism specific to South Asia and South Asians.
- Languages: Urdu (spoken and written) and Hindi (spoken and written).
- Immigrant experiences and hybrid identities.
- Graduate school and international student experiences in the US.
For Self-Published Authors:
We provide guidance and marketing assistance to self-published authors to finesse their work as well as position it in growing market for South Asian children's literature. Feel free to email us for a further discussion and customized package!